Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resoutions

I realize that I am a little more than a week late for the New Year's Blogging, but I thought I would just go ahead and blog a week late.

New Year's Resolutions (NYRs) are something that I have always I have always felt a little iffy about. I don't agree with making a million NYRs. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if I give myself ton of new rules I will soon break them.  The most common NYRs are too lose weight and to get rid of debt, and those are mighty big rules to place on oneself. I am strong believer that people should not take on these NYRs. I think that it would be much easier to make a NYR in which you hope to become healthier, or to watch your spending better. If you have the will-power to so, it is my belief that these NYRs, while being very similar, are much more effective than giving yourself a set rules you have to stick too. Without consequences too many people would be too tempted just break them, I mean, who would be there to scold them anyway.

And after that rant I will share my NYRs.

1. I will try not to have more than four knitting projects at once.
          How I will do this: I currently have seven projects going. Two just need finishing, another I have decide I am unhappy with and I plan on just ripping it out completely

2. I want to become healthier
          How I will do this: I will try to supplement my lost exercise, from the loss of PE with other things I can do. It is sad because I often have to schedule in exercise.

That is it. But then again I often give myself goals throughout the year so NYRs are not as important to me.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment